The first student has completed the online Graduate Certificate Program in Aging and Geriatric Practice.

Pallavi Sood is our first student to graduate from the Department’s certificate program in Aging and Geriatric Practice. Ms. Sood is a third year doctoral student in Rehabilitation Science at UF and a Research Assistant at CINDRR, NF/SGVHS, VA, Gainesville. She is a Physical Therapist and board eligible prosthetist. Her research interests include falls prevention among older adults and use of advanced methodology in the development and validation of outcome measures instrument.

According to Ms. Sood, completing this program will enhance her career and she recommends the certificate in Aging and Geriatric Practice to other professionals interested in geriatrics and gerontology. “The course curriculum is well-designed to accommodate needs of students coming from diverse educational backgrounds. Overall, I would definitely recommend this course to prospective students –clinicians or non- clinicians, who are looking to expand their professional aspirations in the field of Aging. The skills that I have gained through this certification program have equipped me to accomplish my current and future academic goals. I was exposed to numerous facets of aging and age related research.”

For more information on the program visit our website

online.aging.ufl.edu